The HRM-16 is part of an Audio Distribution System that offers a great-sounding, cost effective and flexible way to provide custom mixes for up to sixteen people in recording and live sound environments. Please note that at least one HRM-16 and an HDS-16 are required for the system to function.
The system consists of two components, the rack-mount HDS-16 Audio Distribution unit, and one or more HRM-16 remote mixers. Linking the distribution unit and remote mixers is as easy as plugging in cables - multiple remotes can be connected directly or daisy chained together, using Centronics 50 pin cables. Up to eight remote mixers can be linked to the distribution unit (six directly, the rest daisy chained) and two pairs of headphones may be plugged into each mixer.
The HRM-16 is a compact sixteen channel remote that clamps to any microphone stand (clamp included.) Eight mono channels and four stereo channels allow each user to create a custom mix. Each mono channel has a pan pot and volume control, as well as a mono send that can be sent to an effect unit, and returned via an effect return. The four stereo channels each have a single volume control.
A unique talk back system allows each user to communicate with other users and the main mixing location. The talk back system can be configured two different ways by moving a jumper on the circuit board in the HDS-16. One way allows the talk back microphone on each HRM-16 to be fed to all of the other remote units, as well as the HDS-16. The other configuration allows communication to the HDS-16 only. This is particularly useful for stage use where the user's talk back microphone should not feed into all of the monitors (including the user's own monitor.)
Additionally. the remote has overall bass/treble controls, talk back level and a master level control. When used with the HDS-16, the HRM-16 allows musicians to customize their own headphone or monitor mix, and the engineer doesn't need to touch the console.
Note: The HRM-16 is a REMOTE Mixing Station and requires an HDS-16 Distribution Unit to function
- Every performer in a studio or live sound setting can have a personalized mix without any adjustments at the main console
- Perfect for tracking, overdubbing, rehearsal sessions, and onstage monitor mixing
- The Remote Mixer may either attach to a microphone stand or be set on a shelf or table, allowing headphone/monitor mixes to be created on the fly
- Talkback system allows each HRM-16 mixer user to communicate with other users and the main mixing location
- Individual send /return jacks are available on the eight mono channels