This Chimera Fabric Grid limits the light spread of a 16 x 22" Chimera or Photoflex softbox to 30°.
Grids are essential accessories for any lighting system. A grid alters the shape and intensity of the light output from your softbox when it is mounted on a light head. Consider a grid as a painter would a brush, or a sculptor would a knife, or chisel.
Fabric grids are hand-stitched, and collapse easily for storage or transport. Use of a fabric grid will result in a narrower spread of light. The spread of light will be determined by the density of the honeycomb mesh, and the distance of the subject from the light.
- Chimera's Extra Small equals Photoflex's Small (16 x 22").
- Soft grids are revolutionizing the light control options for location film and video crews and photographers.
- Collapsible, portable, and extremely lightweight, soft grids have no supporting frame of their own.
- Once the job is complete, just detach, give an energetic diagonal snap to align the grid's joints, and fold it down to near pocket-size.
- All 1996 Lightbanks have this soft grid compatible hook & loop system, and older Lightbanks can be retrofitted.