Amongst the world's great binoculars for boating or astronomy applications, the military-specification Fujinon 7x50 MTRC-SX Poseidon Binocular with Compass transmits 95% of the light reaching the binocular, and has Fujinon's EBC multicoatings upon every optical surface. It is also equipped with eyepieces that accept optional polarizer, nebula, haze, and ND (neutral density) filters as your observing needs would require. The 100% fogproof and waterproof 7x50 Poseidon withstands drastic temperature and humidity changes with ease, has abundant eye relief for use with sunglasses in bright conditions, and is one of the brightest, highest-resolution 7x50 boating binoculars money can buy.
This version of the 7x50 Poseidon has both a rubber armored exterior and an internal compass with rangefinding reticle. While the compass is electronically controlled for rapid response to bearing changes, illumination is by a natural daylight-gathering window. At night, you will need the optional external compass illuminator.
- A Fujinon military-specified 7x50 porro prism binocular with a 7.5° field
- Nitrogen-purged waterproof & fogproof lenses
- Up to 13 Fujinon EBC multicoatings upon all optical surfaces
- 56-74mm Interpupillary adjustment range
- Thick, protective rubber armor upon an all-metal housing
- Internal compass with rangefinding reticle to help estimate distances of nearby watercraft
- Accepts optional eyepiece filters
- Excellent for both boating and astronomy applications
- Peel-down style rubber eyecups
- Extremely-long 23mm of eye relief