The Neumann TLM 170 RMT is identical to the TLM 170 except it's finished with a matt-black coating, making the microphone inconspicuous in broadcast applications. The large diaphragm, multi-pattern condenser microphone is intended for vocal and general instrument recording and broadcast applications. The microphone features a very smooth, flat frequency response resulting in transparent sound reproduction without any coloration to the signal on output. The output circuitry features a transformer-less design resulting in quiet output in addition to low self-noise and impressive dynamic range. The TLM 170 RMT features 5 directional polar-patterns. Omni-directional, cardioid, hyper-cardioid, and figure 8 are available for use in any recording application. A 10dB pad switch provides further head room and SPL capability and a high pass filter switch eliminates noise at low end frequencies.
- Matt Black Finish
- The TLM 170 RMT features a non-reflective black matt finish, making the microphone less conspicuous in live sound and broadcast applications.
- FET Design
- FET 100 technology along with a balanced, transformerless output stage result in high gain and low noise audio output.
- 5 Polar Patterns
- Omni-directional, wide angled cardioid, hyper-cardioid and figure eight are all available.
- Transparent Output Signal
- The TLM 170RMT features a flat frequency response curve, resulting in clean, transparent audio reproduction without signal coloration.