The SKM183MT Stereo Matched Microphone Pair is a kit containing a stereo matched pair of the KM 183 MT microphones. The microphones feature omni-directional, pressure condenser elements intended for live sound reinforcement and broadcast as well as recording applications. The KM 180 series microphones feature an output stage based on the KM 100. Transformerless circuitry and balanced output result in high output gain with a very low noise floor and no coloration to the output signal. The KM 183 MT is powered via +48 Volt phantom power.
The stereo pair are matched in sensitivity and frequency response and provide optimum results when capturing performances or ambiance. The 20-20kHz frequency response provides flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 183 MT's omni-directional polar pattern provides a generous pick up area, and is suitable for ambiance or spot miking instruments such as piano, wind instruments, organ, and choir. The KM 183 MT handles sound pressure levels up to 140dB, allowing close miking of instruments high in transient (peak) level response.
- Omni-Directional Polar Pattern
- The KM 183's omni-directional polar pattern offers a generous pick up area, suitable for room ambiance capture as well as spot miking pianos, organs, wind instruments, and choir.
- KM 100 Based Output Stage
- The KM 183 MT features the same output stage electronics as the KM 100. Transformer-less circuitry and quiet balanced output design ensure a clean, high-gain output signal without any coloration. The KM 183 is powered via +48 Volt phantom power, and its 20-20kHz frequency response provides flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 183 can handle sound pressure levels up to 140dB, allowing close miking of instruments.
- Compact Rugged Construction
- The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement while remaining road worthy.
- Black Matt Finish
- The black matt finish makes the microphone less conspicuous, thus making it a suitable microphone for television broadcast.