The SKM184MT Stereo Matched Microphone Pair is a kit containing a stereo matched pair of the KM 184 MT microphones. The microphones feature cardioid, pressure condenser elements intended for live sound reinforcement and broadcast as well as recording applications. The KM 180 series microphones feature an output stage based on the KM 100. Transformerless circuitry and balanced output result in high output gain with a very low noise floor and no coloration to the output signal. The KM 184 MT is powered via +48 Volt phantom power.
The stereo pair are matched in sensitivity and frequency response and provide optimum results when capturing performances or ambiance. The 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response provides flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 184 MT's cardioid polar pattern provides a generous pick up area and is suitable for ambiance or spot miking instruments such as piano, wind instruments organ and choir. The KM 184 MT handles sound pressure levels up to 140dB allowing close miking of instruments high in transient (peak) level response.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern minimizes room ambiance and noise caused by additional instruments, monitors, vocalists etc. The KM 184 is suitable for X,Y style stereo capturing, percussion, wind instruments, piano, leslie speaker, and guitar amplifiers.
- KM 100 Based Output Stage
- The KM 184 MT features the same output stage electronics as the KM 100. Transformer-less circuitry and quiet balanced output design ensure a clean, high-gain output signal without any coloration. The KM 184 is powered via +48 Volt phantom power, and its 20-20kHz frequency response provides flexibility for use in a wide range of recording situations. The KM 184 can handle sound pressure levels up to 138dB, allowing fairly close miking of instruments.
- Compact Rugged Construction
- The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement while remaining road worthy.
- Black Matt Finish
- The black matt finish makes the microphone less conspicuous, thus making it a suitable microphone for television broadcast.