The Video 25 Plus is unusually light for a Studio / OB head. With its seven step, temperature-independent damping system, professional camera operators capture the naked truth on video or film with perfect clarity.
The Video 25 Plus displays an 18 step counterbalance which can be adjusted easily and safely in 9 stages with the well known Sachtler dial. Fine-tuning is achieved via a half step function, which can either be engaged or disengaged. Need to change position? Tilt angles up to 90° are no trouble for the Video 25 Plus, even under maximum load. Between others it includes the well-known features from Sachtler, like the Touch & Go quick release system, Self-illuminating Touch Bubble and horizontal and vertical brakes that are conveniently located and easy to reach, for maximum safety in fast-paced reporting situations.
The Video 25 Plus is available either with a 150mm ball base or with a 4-hole flat base that will allow it to be mounted on all 150mm or flat base tripods.
- Frictionless leak proof fluid damping with Seven levels of drag
- A prerequisite for perfect pictures is a panning movement without jerks and vibrations. Sachtler's patented damping system takes everything is stride. The individual modules are frictionless and contain no hydraulic oil. This means they are permanently leak proof. The damping action of heads is identical across both horizontal and vertical planes and offers you seven steps of drag, for smooth camerawork under the toughest of rough conditions. You can completely disengage the drag for fast panning without affecting the dynamic counterbalance system.
- Touch & Go Quick Release / Automatic Locking System
Stop wasting time by fumbling around with clumsy attachments, or bother screwing the camera to head and then having to unscrew it again. With the Touch & Go system invented by Sachtler, the camera plate is secured to the camera, while the mating balance plate is mounted on the fluid head.
All you need to do is slip the camera into position, engage the mechanism, and the camera is locked firmly in place, when finished just disengage the latch and go. When you set up the camera for the next shot you still have all the original settings. Also features a safety lock lever that prevents inadvertent disengagement of the camera latch.
- Sliding Balance Plate
- The sliding camera mount and plate with a 4.4-inch (150mm Ball Base) or 3.9-inch (Flatbase) sliding range, allows you to compensates precisely for a variety of configuration weights. Ensuring perfect balance across the horizontal plane. Most importantly, once adjusted, the settings cannot be lost.
- 18 Step dynamic counterbalancing system
- Built with torsion springs the dynamic counterbalancing system compensates for torques as the camera tilts, preventing the camera from inadvertently tipping, and ensuring that it is positioned securely at any tilt angle. Freeing you to concentrate fully on your camerawork. Its 18-step counterbalance allows adjustments via dial, in 9 stages and fine tune by half step function, and can be activated and deactivated individually. Independent from the damping system, they work silently and without the need for maintenance.
- Safe at any temperature
Pressure or temperature does not influence the damping system, it has an operating range from
-40°F to +140°F, and works without friction. Shoot wherever you want, from torrid heat to cold climates.
- Vibrationless vertical / horizontal brakes, for maximum safety in fast-paced reporting situations.
- Built-in illuminated bubble for horizontal leveling, uses a conventional battery and ensures easy leveling even under unfavorable lighting conditions.
- Load capacity of: 80 lb. ideally suited for HDTV and Wide Screen cameras.