The Heliopan 77mm #25 Red Glass Filter for Black and White Film is the classic filter for architectural photography. White facades glow brightly; the sky is darkened dramatically and clouds become more impressive. It is also excellent for spectacular landscape photographs with greatly improved distant views.
Try using a red filter combined with a polarizer. On a cloudy day, it will appear as if a storm is threatening. This effect will be even more impressive when used near water.
Heliopan Lichtfilter-Technik of Munich, Germany has changed their black anodized brass filter rings on most Heliopan non-rotating filters to their "slim" mounts. These slim mounts are made of black anodized brass stock and have so little rim in front of the lens (5.4mm) that they will not vignette with lenses as short as 21mm.
Heliopan offers a wide selection of sizes, screw-in, series, bayonet, square and rectangular filters including digital, video, center weighted, graduated, wide angle, Kaesmann polarizers, drop-in polarizers, etc.
- Clouds are dramatically improved almost to the mood of a thunderstorm; darkens blue sky creating dramatic contrast between sky and clouds
- It is more effective in cutting through haze, and moonlight effects are easily accomplished; creates greater contrast between foliage and flowers
- It is also suited for infrared photography 1
- Heliopan cuts, grinds, polishes and coats their filters with the same techniques and equipment as used for the finest German camera lenses
- All Heliopan screw-in type and series size filters are mounted in precision black anodized brass rings to eliminate binding or cross threading and to ensure optimal alignment
- Filters still retain front threads for a lens cap, a lens hood or even stacking a second filter
- The portion of the Heliopan slim filters that are in front of the lens have been reduced in thickness by 37% over the former mount