The Heliopan 49mm Close-up +2 Lens (Filter) is the simplest and least expensive method of close-up photography. Have you ever wished that your lens could focus closer than it does? Imagine that you could put a magnifying glass in front of your camera's lens. With Heliopan Close-up lenses, you can dive into the world of macro photography with a minimum of expense and with a maximum of confidence.
Shoot your stamps, flowers in your garden, your jewelry collection and many other items. If you're thinking of insuring your collectibles, why not have a means of doing it without having to hire an expensive pro? Close-up lenses not only give you creative freedom to help show you a world up close that you never imagined, but also serve as a functional and valuable tool to safeguard your possessions.
Heliopan Lichtfilter-Technik of Munich, Germany, has changed their black anodized brass filter rings on most Heliopan non-rotating filters to their "slim" mounts. These slim mounts are made of black anodized brass stock and have so little rim in front of the lens (5.4mm) that they will not vignette with lenses as short as 21mm.
Heliopan offers a wide selection of sizes, screw-in, series, bayonet, square and rectangular filters including digital, video, center weighted, graduated, wide angle, Kaesmann polarizers, drop-in polarizers, etc.
- These lenses can be used individually or in any combination to achieve ultra-close focus
- The maximum magnification achieved with these attachments will depend on the focal length of your lens as well as the actual close focusing capability of that particular lens
- A +1 close-up lens will allow you to focus your lens somewhat closer than it already does; A +2 close-up lens will allow you to focus closer than the +1; A +3 lens will allow you to focus even closer than a +2
- A +1 combined with a +2 will equal a +3, while a +2 combined with a +3 will equal a +5, and so on
- Heliopan cuts, grinds, polishes and coats their filters with the same techniques and equipment as used for the finest German camera lenses
- All Heliopan screw-in type and series size filters are mounted in precision black anodized brass rings to eliminate binding or cross threading and to ensure optimal alignment
- Filters still retain front threads for a lens cap, a lens hood or even stacking a second filter
- The portion of the Heliopan slim filters that are in front of the lens have been reduced in thickness by 37% over the former mount