The MCS-Panner from JL Cooper is a hardware joystick controller that provides tactile control of surround panning for the MCS-3000 series of controllers. Additionally, the unit can function in stand-alone mode and provide surround control for digital mixers and computer based recording applications, such as Digidesign's Pro Tools systems.
The MCS-Panner consists of a three-axis joystick with a top-mounted trigger, nine switches and five rotary controls. The rotary knobs are multi-function controls that can be used for knob-based panning, or for divergence and parameter editing. Joystick panning can also be constrained to straight-line trajectories. Being non-motorized, the joystick itself will not constrain its movement, but the resulting panning moves will be consistent with the originally specified movement and direction.
No external power supply is required when the joystick controller is connected to a MCS-3000 series controller. For stand-alone operation, the required optional MCS-Panner MIDI Adapter includes the appropriate external power supply. The MCS-Panner can be physically joined to another MCS-3000 series controller, using the optional MCS-Joiner kit.
Note: This model does not included the wrist rest and should be used if the panner is to be physically connected to another MCS-3000 unit.
- Three-axis joystick controller for surround panning
- Functions as add-on to MCS-3000 series controllers
- Can be used stand-alone with digital audio mixers and computer based workstations (requires optional interface kit)
- Can also be used for remote camera PTZ (Pan, Tilt and Zoom) control
- Includes a stand-alone mode
- Includes a top-mounted trigger, 9 switches, 5 rotary controls, and multi-function controls
- Doesn't require external power (when used in conjunction with main unit)