The Neumann SKM 100MS Stereo Microphone Set is simply a stereo combination set consisting of 2 KM 100 phantom power supply / output stages, 1 AK 20 bi-directional (figure 8) microphone element and 1 AK 40 cardioid microphone element. Dual swivel mounts, an STH 100 stereo mount and dual windscreens are included and stored in a wooden jewelers case.
The KM 100 is powered via 48 Volt phantom power and is designed for quick connection to all compatible elements and accessories. The KM 100 uses transformer-less circuitry resulting in high output capability and low self-noise. The balanced XLR output is protected against radio frequency interference. The entire microphone circuitry is built into the capsule on a single hybrid module measuring 2cm in area. The result is a compact, interchangeable output stage providing pristine output signal without any coloration.The AK 20 microphone element features a pressure gradient, single diaphragm transducer with a figure 8 polar pattern. The diaphragm diameter is just 16mm and all sound field components reach the diaphragm directly. The end result is even frequency response and output levels between 0 to 180 degrees in proximity. The figure 8 polar pattern is effective in stereo MS recording (with an AK 40 or other cardioid mic), ambiance capturing or lectures and conferences with 2 speakers at either ends of the microphone.
The AK 40 microphone element features a pressure gradient, single diaphragm transducer with a cardioid polar pattern. The cardioid polar pattern is highly effective in reducing off-axis ambiance and noise. This allows the element to be used in recording and sound reinforcement applications, in front of stage monitors or instrument miking.
- Stereo Set
- The combinaton of the AK 20 figure 8 and AK 40 cardioid microphone allow stereo capturing in either X/Y or M/S configurations. The provided STH 100 stereo mount provides adequate mounting for both, microphone and power supply.
- Modular Design
- The KM100 is modular allowing compatible, interchangeable elements to be used depending on the application. The capsule is powered via 48 Volt phantom power.
- Pristine Output Signal
- Transformerless design and custom circuitry provide a pristine, low noise, high output character to signal at the KM100 output stage.
- Swivel Mount & Wind Screen
- The microphone set includes the accessory swivel mount and wind screen. The mount clamps to any flat surface and the wind screen greatly reduces distortion due to explosive "pops".