Lumedyne Signature Series Power Packs provide more versatility, control, warranty, power indications... more of everything a location photographer needs.
The Lumedyne Signature Series power packs are the natural evolution of the existing Lumedyne system. Modules such as boosters and high speed modules are still completely compatible. Lumedyne heads can be powered up to 2400 w/s, limited only by your choice of 800 w/s or 2400 w/s flashtubes. Adapters are available to run the Quantum Q-flash X(2) up to 400 w/s.
Existing heads plug directly into the pack, while the Signature Series heads use an extension cord or head cable to plug into the pack.
All the Signature Series packs offer seven f/stops of manual control and have a battery gauge. The very low power settings help with faster film speeds and confined spaces, plus they conserve battery power. Extra bright LED's show the power and battery levels. Signature Series power packs, flash heads, and other Signature Series modules include a standard two-year warranty.
All of the new equipment is designed to withstand everyday use on location, including resistance to rain and splashes. (Lumedyne doesn't recommend that you continue shooting in a downpour; the packs are not waterproof, but they are splash and rain resistant).
Packs are available in 200 or 400 w/s. They are either Basic or Deluxe Packs and they can be purchased with fast or "x-tra" fast recycling. These can be purchased individually or some are sold as part of a kit.
The Basic Packs offer a four light battery gauge and seven f/stops of manual control through one or two flash heads. They are straightforward and simple to operate with one main control and an On/Off button for the battery gauge. These packs work great for manual exposures or can be teamed up with an Auto Module for an automatic f/stop selection.
The Deluxe Packs offer the same versatility with a seven light battery gauge and a TTL setting with optional audible confirmation. TTL is accomplished by using Metz brand SCA TTL adapters plugged into a Deluxe Flash Head. The Deluxe Packs also offer a Manual Trim Control to go variably down to the next manual f/stop. One or two flash heads may be used in manual or TTL without needing extra adapters. TTL functions up to 2400 w/s with boosters added.
- Seven F-Stop Range
- All the Signature Series packs offer seven f/stops of manual control and have a battery gauge. The very low power settings help with faster film speeds and confined spaces, plus they save battery power.
- Seven LED Battery Gauge
- The Deluxe packs use extra bright LED's to show the power and battery levels.
- Threaded Inserts for Belt Clip
- With pre-tapped holes already mounted into the pack, attaching a belt clip or any other accessory can be installed with ease in seconds.
- Power and Flexibility Increased with Booster Modules
- Whether or not you have a 200 w/s or 400 w/s Power Supply, if you ever find the need for more power, you can simply add on 200 w/s or 400 w/s booster modules up to a total of 2400 w/s.
- Asymmetrical Distribution
- Another advantage of the booster modules is the fact that they have a separate power switch which enables the photographer to vary the power distribution between the different flash heads.
- Recycling Time Decreased with High Speed Modules
- High Speed Modules allow you to make the recycling times faster than any other brand of portable flashes at any power level Lumedyne offers.
- Optional AC and Vehicle Power Adapters
- If you are in studio or on the road, Lumedyne again delivers the perfect solution by offering a variety of AC adapters for use in the studio and in your vehicle.
- 100% Charge Recycle Indication
- The Lumedyne Power Supplies feature a 100% Recycle Indicator that lights up during recycling and goes out when the pack has achieved 100% charge.
- TTL Control
- TTL control is accomplished by using Metz brand SCA TTL adapters plugged into a Deluxe Flash Head. Optional TTL Audible confirmation is also included with the Deluxe power packs.
- Manual Trim Control
- The Deluxe Packs also offer a Manual Trim Control to go variably down to the next manual f/stop.