The Hoya 81 series of filters controls the bluish coloration that affects daylight film. They can also remove excessive blue from the effects of electronic flash.
Multicoated to minimize reflection at the filter surfaces which reduces flare and ghosting.
- Good for general scenics when the photographer wishes to remove the bluish cast from open shade or just add warmth to the photograph
- Converts tungsten 3200 K film to 3400 K lighting
- Whereas the 81 Series of filters creates a feeling of warmth, the 82 Series creates a feeling of coolness
81 Series Conversion Factors
- 81 decreases color temperature from 3300 - 3200 degrees Kelvin
- 81A decreases color temperature from 3400 - 3200 degrees Kelvin
- 81B decreases color temperature from 3500 - 3200 degrees Kelvin
- 81C decreases color temperature from 3600 - 3200 degrees Kelvin