A Hoya 77mm 82 Hoya Multi-Coated (HMC) Glass filter is a light balancing filter used to increase the color temperature slightly for a cooler tone. This light blue filter absorbs the excessive yellow-red light from daylight in the morning and evening hours and keeps skin tones close to natural.
Multi-coated to minimize reflection at the filter surfaces which reduces flare and ghosting.
Note! Whereas the 81 Series of filters creates a feeling of warmth, the 82 Series creates a feeling of coolness
- Maintains natural flesh tones; Prevents reddish cast
- Can create mood of coolness
- 82A provides a cooler effect with tungsten film under 3200 K lamps
- As one of the premier filter manufacturers, Hoya filters continue to made from quality glass assuring the photographer clear, sharp and accurate images
- Hoya filters consistently provide even color all the way through the filter; All surfaces are ground and polished to specific thickness and tolerances
- Even non-multi-coated Hoya filters have one layer of anti-reflective coating applied to each surface of the glass; Hoya's single layer coating decreases light reflection off the surface from approx. 9% to an average of 4-5%
82 Series Conversion Chart
- 82A Increases temperature from 3,000 to 3,200° Kelvin (1/3 stop)
- 82B Increases temperature from 2,900 to 3,060° Kelvin (2/3 stop)