The Beta 98H/C is a cardioid, mini-condenser instrumental microphone with in-line preamplifier is designed to clearly capture the sounds of today's professional horn players. The pickup pattern of the Beta 98H/C provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise. With a high maximum sound pressure level (SPL), the Beta 98H/C is ready to handle the demands of brass and woodwind instruments, and is a strong performer for percussion applications. The transformerless preamplifier circuitry of the Beta 98H/C improves linearity across the full frequency range. In situations where phantom power is not available, the MX1-BP battery powered preamplifier will perform exceptionally.
The integrated gooseneck and ratcheting swivel joint of the Beta 98H/C allows for easy microphone positioning and securing. Once the position is determined, the gooseneck angle brace ensures that the Beta 98H/C will stay in place during even the most active performances.
- Tailored frequency response for open, natural sound reproduction
- Compact, lightweight construction provides a low degree of visibility
- Interchangeable microphone cartridges are available: RPM108 - Cardioid cartridge RPM110 - Supercardioid cartridge
- Gooseneck, ratcheting swivel joint, and gooseneck angle brace allow for optimum placement and fixed positioning
- Legendary Shure ruggedness and reliability