The Beyerdynamic MCE58 is a road-worthy ENG vocal microphone designed to handle outdoor professional broadcast applications as well as studio voice-over and announcer applications. The MCE58 features an omnidirectional electret condenser element mounted on an elastic suspension that eliminates handling noise. The omnidirectional polar pattern provides a generous pick up at the direct and off-axis sections of the microphone.
A flat, wide frequency response of 40Hz to 20kHz is maintained around the perimeter of the capsule. Active filtering and low-frequency roll-off suppress unwanted low-frequency noise and rumble caused by wind, traffic, etc. High output level provide high gain and low noise floor on output, the unbalanced XLR connector allows direct connection to consumer recording devices such as DAT and MiniDisc. The long handle accommodates station ID flags and a single 1.5V AA battery supplies long lasting power to the microphone.
- Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
- The omnidirectional pattern of the MCE58 creates a generous pick up pattern around the perimeter of the microphone while maintaining an even frequency response and suppressing noise.
- Linear Frequency Response
- The linear 40Hz to 20kHz results in accurate signal reproduction while eliminating low-frequency noise and rumble.
- Shock Mounted Element
- The electret-condenser element is shock mounted for suppressing noise due to shock and handling.