This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The Ewa-Marine U-AXP100 Housing is an economical solution for using any autofocus SLR camera with shoe-mounted flash near or just under the water's surface, manufactured from double laminated PVC and with an optical glass port. It is rated for dives of up to 164 feet (50 m) depth; perfect for snorkeling, diving, or generally sandy, dusty, and humidity weather conditions. The U-AXP100 gives your camera and flash the best possible protection while being fully operable. When not in use, it is relatively light and takes up little space.
A pair of non-corrosive and seawater resistant clamping rails fit together for sealing, tightened by knurled screw knobs. The housing's internal glove allows easy access to camera controls. If your setup is too buoyant underwater, the optional BF1 lead weight can be affixed to the bottom of the housing.
The U-AXP100 housing accommodates an autofocus SLR camera with shoe-mounted flash, with the maximum dimensions for the whole kit being 7.5 x 10.75 x 6.6" (190 x 275 x 170mm) WxHxD with lens and a 77mm maximum lens filter thread (the optional 82mm ring #CA82 is required for 82mm lenses). Amongst others, the U-AXP100 fits the Canon EOS-1 and EOS-3 and Nikon F4/F5 film cameras, and the Canon EOS 1D/1Ds/10D + BG-ED3, Fujifilm S2 Pro, Kodak DCS 14N, and Nikon D1h/D1x/D2h and D100 with MB-D100.
- An Ideal Near-the-Surface Solution
- The Ewa-Marine housing's perfect for use at or near the water's surface, such as in sailing or snorkeling, but is also practical for protection from harsh weather conditions
- Bellowed to Work with Autofocus SLR Cameras
- The ribbed, bellowed section of the housing allows some fore and aft movement of a lens during its focusing action
- Extra Height for Shoe-Mounted Flash
- The U-AXP100 is taller than the standard U-A autofocus housing, to allow the addition of a shoe-mounted flash
- Double Laminated PVC Construction
- Long lasting housing solution that is easy to maintain and packs in minimal space
- Non-Corrosive Clamping Rails
- The non-corrosive and seawater resistant clamping rails are secured by knurled thumb screws
- Battery Packs
- The specially profiled foam padding can be removed from the housing to allow room for a battery pack
- Optional Lead Weight
- Buoyancy can be changed adding optional BF1 lead weight
- Priced significantly less than conventional housings