Designed to support the latest Studio and OB cameras equipped with long lenses, studio viewfinder or large teleprompter, the Omega is an extremely compact fluid head incorporating an entirely new patented counterbalance system as well as an advanced fluid damping module.
The continuously variable counterbalance system is ideally suited to operate with cameras featuring a high center of gravity and weighing from 77 - 176 lb. The frictionless damping modules features a complete patented design, which provides for extraordinary performances over an extended temperature range, with smooth and precise movements together with a linear response in any critical environment. And for ease of use the counterbalance and damping system are connected to easy-to-read digital readouts, allowing quick set up even in low light situations.
The Omega interfaces directly with any Mitchell or 150mm bowl base and can be easily mounted on top of all existing pedestals featuring the 4-hole bores. Weighing only 33 lb, it's the lightest in its class and comes provided with an integral soft grip carrying handle, two telescopic pan bars and illuminated spirit level.
- Continuously Adjustable Counterbalance System
- The Omega features continuously adjustable counterbalance system allows the cameraperson to fine-tune an extremely wide range of cameras featuring a high center of gravity and weighing from 77 - 176 lb throughout a tilt range of -/+ 65 degrees. Calibrated with a variable adjustment connected to a digital readout display, the counterbalance-operating knob is conveniently located on the side of the head.
- Pan and Tilt Control
Features frictionless damping modules, which provide extraordinary performances over an extended temperature range, with smooth and precise movements together with a linear response in any critical environment.
Located on the rear panel the continuously variable fluid control knobs are easy to reach and have the benefit of a digital readout, which allows the cameraman for a quick set-up even in low light conditions. The effective rear control brakes on both, pan and tilt mode are integrated with a side knob which allows the head to be fully locked in horizontal position for a fast and secure camera mounting.
- Built-in illuminated spirit level allows easy set-up even in low light conditions
- Integral soft grip carrying handle
- Maximum load capacity of: 176 lb