The Horita SCT-50 is a character generator that operates either as a stand-alone unit or with a computer to title, caption, or time-date stamp video. The SCT-50 can add up to nine lines of 20 characters each and can also be synchronized with a time code reader for automated captioning.
- Automatic Time Synchronized Captions
- Built-in time code captioning software operates the SCT-50 in association with Horita PC time code products and software. Captions are automatically matched with video images based on time code.
- Text Editor and Control Software
- The supplied SCT.EXE DOS based text editor and control program controls the SCT-50 from within other programs. Three modes of communication with a PC include continuous mode, for real time positioning of text within a video image.
- Flexible and Expandable
- The SCT.EXE program controls up to 99 SCT-50s using a single RS-232 port on a PC. The SCT-50's loop-through operation allows up to 99 daisy-chained units to be addressed individually or in groups by the PC. The program also automatically stores 99 individual SCT-50 screens, any of which can quickly be selected and sent to an individual SCT-50, or multiple SCT-50s. Other computer data can also be added to video images using programs written in Basic or C.