The VISION 250 pan & tilt head is designed to support the latest portable digital camera combinations used in Studio and Outside Broadcast production. With its unique "twin balancing mechanism" the Vision 250 can be fully adjusted to perfectly balance any camera or any lens combination -- either weighing up to 72.8 lb -- quickly and easily. The VISION incorporates a drag mechanism employing non-contacting thin film technology, which ensures consistent drag and constant performance over a temperature range from -40°F to +140°F. TF drag allows for fine adjustment of drag levels as well as whip pan movement without any manual reduction of the drag.
In addition, the Vision 250 also has the benefit of digital counterbalance readout, backlit drag controls and an illuminated leveling bubble, giving the cameraman the quickest and most simple set-up, even in "low light" situations.
- Perfect Balance
The Vision 250 pan & tilt head achieves the Perfect Counter Balance by means of an innovative and patented infinitely-variable spring mechanism. This allows the head to tilt through the full range of ±90° in perfect balance, eliminating a considerable amount of physical effort required by the operator to control the tilting action. Since the camera is perfectly balanced, it can be left at any angle - totally hands free - without having to lock the tilt brake. The variable counterbalance mechanism allows it to be used with a variety of lenses, batteries, viewfinders and on-camera lights.
For even faster setup, the Vision 250 offers a digital counterbalance readout, with repeatable balance setting. The display is activated by a simple press of a button and remains visible for 15 seconds.
- TF (Thin Film) Drag Control
The Vision 250 uses the Vinten TF (Thin Film) damping system, to provide consistent drag and constant performance in demanding conditions from -40°F to +140°F. The TF system offers total control for precise movement and excellent camera control during the critical slow start-up of your shot, providing seamless transition into Whip Pan and instant recovery to the original drag setting at the finish of the movement.
Calibrated with variable adjustment and a single turn rotation from fully On to Off, the drag knobs are backlit and are adjusted accordingly (depending on the lighting conditions) by a light sensor built into the digital readout.
- Interlock Device
- The interlock device is positive latching and thus overrides the tilt brake to insure that any load doesn't move in its fixed position. And the tilt brake therefore doesn't wear out prematurely.
- Quick Setup
- Unique design features allow fast setup -- a must if you are continuously on the move. The leveling bowl has a double threaded screw shank, which allows the bowl lock to be tightened and released quickly -- very handy when you are constantly adjusting the bowl to level the camera (especially on uneven terrain).
- Adjustable camera mounting plate with unique rubber grip strips holds the camera rock steady.
- Load capacity of up to 72.8 lb