The Shure KSM 27/SL is a studio condenser microphone intended for general studio recording of vocals, instruments and ambiance as well as live sound reinforcement applications. The microphone features a side-address cardioid condenser element, providing a focused pick up while minimizing ambiance and noise at the off-axis sections of the microphone. Cardioid patterns are particularly useful while capturing in close proximity to monitors and noisy environments.
The 1 inch, externally biased, 24 Karat gold-layered Mylar diaphragm provides a smooth frequency response and warm sonic presence. The transformer-less output design and Class A circuitry result in a high output signal and low noise floor. A 3-position low-frequency roll-off switch eliminates hum and noise at low frequencies and an internal three stage "pop" grille reduces plosive and breath noises.
- Cardioid Polar-Pattern
- The KSM 27/SL features a cardioid pick-up pattern which is effective in minimizing off-axis noise and ambiance. Also particularly suitable for eliminating feed back caused by monitors.
- Class A Circuitry
- The Class A circuitry and transformer-less design result in high level output signal while maintaining a low noise floor.
- Low Frequency Roll-Off
- A 3-position low frequency roll-off switch eliminates low frequency rumble and noise.
- 15 dB Pad Switch
- A 15dB Pad switch gives the KSM 27/SL even higher Sound Pressure Level capability, allowing close placement of loud sources such as drums, electric guitar, percussion etc.
- Internal Shock-Mounting
- The internal shock mounting design protects the element from damage and reduces noise caused by handling.