The M-ONE is a dual engine multi-effects processor, focusing mainly on high quality reverbs. It can be used for a number of purposes due to flexible routing of the two engines and the more than 20 algorithms.
For example, one could select dual Input routing plus two reverbs, and have them independently accessed by two separate auxiliary sends. Or the M-ONE can be set to place a compressor in front of a delay by selecting serial routing. The delay time can then be entered by taping on the TAP key on the front panel of the unit. A routing lock function can be selected to avoid routing changes while changing presets.
Most of the reverbs in the M-ONE contain two different parts, the reflections and the tail. The reflections, or early reflections, simulate the first reflections that are heard. In real life, this is the part of a reverb that defines the size and character of the room. The other part of the reverb is known as the reverb tail or the diffused field. These reflections are so complex and disordered that one can no longer determine the actual direction of the original source. In conjunction, the two parts create the natural sound of an environment. However in real life the balance between these two parts of a reverb may vary quite a bit, so controls are provided that allow the user to change the level, color and duration or size of the two.
XLR balanced inputs and outputs are provided, with 24-bit A/D and D/A converters, as well as S/PDIF digital input and output.
- XL Reverb Technology
- XL Reverbs feature new and improved spatial perspectives, across the entire range of reverb algorithms
- The high resolution early reflections found in other high-end TC reverbs and newly improved diffused field technology specific to the M*One XL, ensure a natural and clear reverb
- The ability to run two greatsounding reverbs or other quality effects simultaneously without compromising sound
- Additional effects accessible from the front panel
- True 24-bit resolution A/D and D/A converters and true 24-bit RAM memory
- Balanced analog input and output on 1/4" connectors
- Large backlit LCD displays multiple related parameters at once for easy programming and operation
- Internal power supply