This Wimberley Replacement Foot for Canon 600 f4 & 400 f2.8 and 800 f/5.6 IS takes the place of the tripod collar foot and converts the collar to Arca-style clamp capability without the need for additional quick release plates. Critical mass is reduced & the profile of the lenses are lowered, which makes them well suited to use with the Wimberley Sidekick when combined with Wimberley part #AP900. Every adapter plate is complete with both 3/8"-16 & 1/4"-20 holes to directly attach the lens directly to a monopod or tripod (without an Arca-style clamp) if desired. Drilled holes necessary to attach any of the flash brackets from Wimberley, Really Right Stuff & Kirk Enterprises are also incorporated into the design.
Each adapter comes complete with all the necessary hardware and tools to make the conversion, as well as retaining screws to prevent the lens from falling to the ground should you mistakenly unscrew the clamp.
Weight: 0.43 lb
NOTE: This plate makes carrying the 600mm f/4 "IS" lens difficult if not attached to a tripod, monopod, etc.
- Dual Safety Stops
- The safety stops at the front & back of the Wimberley AP-602 replacement plate prohibit your lens from accidentally slipping out of the quick release adapter(easily removed with supplied hex wrench if desired).
- Double-Dovetail Cross-Section
- The Wimberley double-dovetail design allows attachment of their Shape Shifter flash bracket system to the upper or lower surface of the AP-602 plate.
- Works with All Common Flash Brackets
- Drilled holes accept flash arms from Kirk & Really Right Stuff
- Combine with two Module 1 Quick Release Arms(B&H item code "WIM1") for a brilliant support base for using your long lens atop a beanbag
- Dual 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tapped holes for mounting to non-quick-release tripod heads & monopods