This Wimberley Replacement Foot for Nikon 400mm f2.8 and 600mm f/4.0 AF-S takes the place of the tripod collar foot and converts the collar to Arca-style clamp capability without the need for additional quick release plates. Critical mass is reduced & the profile of the lens is lowered, which makes it well suited to use with the Wimberley Sidekick. Every adapter plate is complete with both 3/8"-16 & 1/4"-20 holes to directly attach the lens directly to a monopod or tripod (without an Arca-style clamp) if desired. Drilled holes necessary to attach any of the flash brackets from Wimberley, Really Right Stuff & Kirk Enterprises are also incorporated into the design. This adapter is compatible with the Nikon 400mm f/2.8 AF-S Versions I and II & VR, and the Nikon 600mm f/4.0 AF-S Version II & VR.
Each adapter comes complete with all the necessary hardware and tools to make the conversion, as well as retaining screws to prevent the lens from falling to the ground should you mistakenly unscrew the clamp.
Weight: 0.40 lb
- Dual Safety Stops
- The safety stops at the front & back of the Wimberley AP-452 replacement plate prohibit your lens from accidentally slipping out of the quick release adapter(easily removed with supplied hex wrench if desired).
- Double-Dovetail Cross-Section
- The Wimberley double-dovetail design allows attachment of their Shape Shifter flash bracket system to the upper or lower surface of the AP-452 plate.
- Works with All Common Flash Brackets
- Drilled holes accept flash arms from Kirk & Really Right Stuff
- Combine with two Module 1 Quick Release Arms(B&H item code "WIM1") for a brilliant support base for using your long lens atop a beanbag
- Dual 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tapped holes for mounting to non-quick-release tripod heads & monopods