The Blue Dragonfly is a large diaphragm cardioid studio condenser microphone designed for vocal and general instrument studio recording. The Dragonfly features the BLUE pressure-gradient, single membrane large diaphragm capsule, using a 6-micron thick mylar film. The film is sputtered in a mixture of pure gold and aluminum and is enclosed in a rotating spherical grill. The rotating grill allows optimum mic placement when positioning for best possible sonic quality and positioning in the smallest of spaces. The microphone features Class A discrete circuitry and transformerless output. The result is clean, quiet audio signal path without any coloration or noise on output. The Dragonfly's neutral signal and wide frequency response make the microphone ideal for recording vocals, drums, percussion, electric guitar, bass, as well as "difficult" sources like saxophones and stringed instruments. The cardioid polar pattern is effective on rejecting off-axis noise due room ambiance, monitors, instruments etc.
- Pressure-Gradient Diaphragm
- The Dragonfly's pressure-gradient large diaphragm employs BLUE's single-membrane design. The Diaphragm features a 6-micron thick mylar film, sputtered with a gold / aluminum mixture.
- Rotating Capsule Grill
- The rotating capsule allows optimum mic placement. Whether placing for sonic quality or in difficult spaces, users will find this feature convenient.
- Class A Circuitry
- The Dragonfly is designed with discrete Class A electronics. This in combination with the transformerless output assure pristine, noise free signal on output.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid-polar pattern is effective in minimizing off-axis noise due to room ambiance, monitors, additional instruments etc.