This is a Novatron D1500 Power Supply. Its function is to take AC line power, rectify to DC, and store it in a bank of capacitors. This stored energy can be discharged quickly and intensely through one or more flash heads.
Novatron produces power supplies in five power ratings: 240, 400, 600, 1000, and 1500 w/s. The smaller power supplies have fewer capacitors and thus are lighter in weight and lower in cost than the more powerful ones.
Power level is adjustable in 1/10 stop increments over a 5.8 stop range.
Power levels are visible in large LED readout window.
- Auto Dump feature eliminates the need to fire the heads after selecting a lower power level.
- Low sync voltage is compatible with all digital and film cameras.
- Use a Key, Fill, Back, and Hair light with only one power supply.
- Durable metal housing can really take a beating.
- Novatron's equipment is ideal for those photographers who want to be creative, but don't need bells and whistles.