A choice of legendary Shure vocal microphones is available for use with the ULX Standard or Professional series handheld wireless transmitters. Choose from the SM87® and Beta Series microphones to ride the clear channel transmission and flexibility of the ULX series handheld wireless transmitters.
The Shure Beta 87 has consistently been a top choice of performers and audio technicians around the world due to its superb accuracy and detail, and rich vocal production. This long-standing favorite now features a new design and has been renamed the Beta 87ATM.
The Shure Model Beta 87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level (SPL) capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the Beta 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production.
The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the "boomy" sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration.
Note! For system compatibility, the component's frequency MUST match your existing system/component frequency.
- 8-9 Hour Battery Life
- Power On/Off Switch
- Power/Battery LED-Green When ON, Red When Battery Low
- Three-segment Battery Power Icon
- PEAK Icon-Appears When Audio Signal Overloads
- Group/Channel Displays
- MODE Button for Menu Display
- SET Button for Saving Settings
- Adjustable Audio Gain Control
- Input Attenuation Switch-Select 0dB for Voice/Low Output; 20dB for High Output
Battery Cover Unscrews to Expose Battery and Gain Control
BETA 87 A Microphone Element
- Smooth, tailored frequency response provides detail, accuracy, and warmth for vocals
- Extremely accurate supercardioid pattern at all frequencies provides the highest gain-before-feedback
- Three-stage pop filter minimizes breath pop and noise
- Frequency response: 50 to 20,000 Hz