Synthesizer One HD from McDSP is a virtual synthesizer with multiple sound sculpting techniques that include wave-table, FM, AM, ring modulation, additive and subtractive synthesis. Additionally, external audio can be processed and combined with the synthesized sounds.
The vast sound palette of Synthesizer One starts with its two editable wave-tables. By using wave-tables the user can create unique waveforms and waveform editing facilities are built into the program's interface, including mouse drawn waveforms and functions. Audio can be imported into a wave-table and up to 8 edited wave-tables can be saved per setting file for an unlimited range of sounds.
Oscillator, filter, LFO, and envelope signals can be routed to multiple modulation targets. Two multi-mode filters simultaneously output high pass, low pass, band pass, and band stop filtered signals. Three LFOs are available per voice with dedicated multi-mode ASR envelopes. The LFOs can use the same waves as the oscillators for the ultimate in modulation. Additionally he LFOs can be synced to MIDI beat clock or the internal clock of Synthesizer One.
Effects include wave shaping, EQ (high pass, low shelf, high shelf), and a delay line (which can be modulated) capable of chorus, flange, vibrato, pitch warping, doubling, and echo effects. Many synthesis parameters have a dedicated menu of modulation sources on each control page for optimal editing speed. A set of Quick Pages gives access to basic parameters of Synthesizer One. MIDI controller assignment is programmable by the user and saved as a preference inside the program.
Note! iLok required if one is not already on the system.
- Virtual synthesizer with multiple sound engines
Two Wavetable Oscillators
- Three wave sources with independent waveform, level, phase, octave, PW and PWM control
- Many preset waveforms and up to 8 editable waves are available per wave source
- FM and FM velocity controls for each oscillator
- Seperate Ring Oscillator with selectable inputs
One Analog-style Oscillator
- Saw and sine waveforms
- Audio can be mixed, processed and used as modulation source
- Two multi-mode filters and three low frequency oscilators
- User definable arpeggiations and sequences saved per preset