Hand-crafted from the latest hi-tech metal alloys, the C40 S is a heavy-duty fluid action head specifically designed to support studio configurations or 35mm film cameras.
The counterbalance system activated by an 8-position easy-grip selector, combined with a 150mm sliding base plate, allows the cameraperson to fine tune an extremely wide range of cameras weighing from 22 lbs to 100 lbs throughout a tilt range of +80/-60 degrees.
Features a patented fluid drag control system for both pan and tilt functions allowing the damping levels to range from "0" for freewheeling to "7" for maximum drag.
Also equipped with a built-in illuminated spirit level, two telescopic handles and a standard flat Mitchell base, while options include a 150mm-ball base and a eyepiece extension holder.
- Counterbalance System with 7 Settings plus 0
- The C40 S features an 8-position easy grip selector with a 150mm sliding balance plate, allows the cameraperson to fine tune an extremely wide range of cameras weighing from 22 lbs to 100 lbs throughout a tilt range of +80/-60 degrees. Additional tilt angle can be also achieved by turning the tilt knob to OFF position, provided the counterbalance selector ring has been previously set to "0".
- Pan and Tilt Control
- Features 3-fluid damping modules, which assure outstanding, drag levels and extraordinary smoothness in both pan and tilt functions. Pan and tilt movements can be dampened with 7 precisely repeatable steps of drag, while freewheeling is obtained by simply setting the relevant selector ring to position "0". With the ability to select any combinations of fluid drag and dynamic counterbalance allows quick response to any situation and repeat the same setting again and again.
- 150mm sliding balance plate allows tilt angle to be increased up to +80/-60 degrees
- Built-in illuminated spirit level allows easy set-up even in low light conditions
- Maximum load capacity of: 100 lb