The 1074 offers four channels of gating with threshold, depth and release controls on each channel and is housed in a single space, rack-mount chassis. The unit is based on the dbx V2 VCA and offers XLR inputs and outputs, 1/4" side-chain input and switchable operating levels to interface each individual channel with any other device.
In addition to an external key input per channel, the 1074 also has an internal filter that can be independently activated and controlled on a per-channel basis. The filter not only allows for cleaning up tracks, but provides frequency selective control on each gate to open exactly when required.
Quad gating applications include gating dry and percussive sounds such as snare drum and kick drum, gating sounds that have longer decay times such as cymbals and pianos, gating hum or buzz from live instruments or recorded tracks, eliminating headphone leakage into microphones and gating instrument microphones to eliminate amplifier bleed.
- Four dedicated and independent channels of user selectable noise gating in any combination including dual stereo or two mono and one stereo
- Advanced program adaptive circuitry ensures fast attack times to preserve the character of percussive sounds
- Smooth release that won't chop off reverb tails or decaying guitar chords
- Key input for external gate triggering
- Two segment threshold status LEDs on each channel
- Balanced inputs and outputs with stereo couple for channels 1/2 and 3/4