The Shure KSM 141 SL is a switchable polar pattern condenser studio microphone designed for instrument recording and sound reinforcement. The capsule's pattern is switchable between omni-directional and cardioid pick up. Omni-directional offers a more generous pick up area while cardioid offers attenuation of noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone. In addition, the microphone offers a wide 20Hz-20kHz frequency response making it a flexible solution for a variety of applications. The KSM 141 SL's element features a permanently biased transducer design resulting in clean, accurate signal reproduction and frequency response. The transformer-less, class-A output circuitry provides a noise free output signal path while maintaining high gain levels.
There is a 3-position low frequency roll-off switch, eliminating low frequency rumble noise and counteracts proximity effect. The KSM 141 SL handles high sound pressure levels and features a 3-position Pad switch providing attenuation at 0dB, 15dB and 25dB. This allows confident miking of instruments high in transient response such as drums, percussion, and brass. the microphone is suitable for piano, strings, guitar, and woodwind as well.
- Switchable Patterns
- The KSM 141 SL features switchable polar patterns. Omni-directional offers a generous pick-up pattern suitable for recording ambiance, vocal groups etc. The cardioid pattern is tighter and provides effective rejection of off-axis signal.
- Class-A Transformer-Less Circuitry
- The transformer-less, class-A output circuitry provides a noise free output signal path while maintaining high gain levels.
- 3-Position Low Frequency Roll-Off Switch
- The KSM 141 SL provides flexible low frequency attenuation, eliminating low frequency noise and rumble.
- 3-Position Pad Switch
- The 0dB/15dB/25dB Pad switch adds greater SPL handling allowing the microphone to withstand high audio levels without distortion.
- Wide Frequency Response
- The microphone offers a wide 20Hz-20kHz frequency response making it a flexible microphone for a variety of applications.