The Crown-Audio CTs 4200 is a 4-channel power amplifier housed in a 2RU rack, offering 190 watts per channel at 8 ohms, designed for fixed installation use.
This amplifier features multiple simultaneous channel operation modes, 70 volt and 100 volt support, a switching power supply, and a variable speed fan cooling system. There is a comprehensive set of front panel indicators for each channel, along with advanced, well-designed thermal protection and fault isolation circuitry. The rear panel offers individual channel level trim controls, and 4-position operating mode switches.
The CTs 4200 offers a progressive design and advanced features for a moderate price per channel, and represents a viable solution for budget-conscious commercial, theatrical, educational, and houses of worship installations.
- 4-channel installation power amplifier in 3 RU rackmount enclosure with 180W of power per channel at 8 ohms
- Crown switching power supply for reduced weight
- Selectable constant voltage 70V/100V or 4/8 ohm low impedance operation per channel pair with dedicated 4-position switches
- Multi Mode output topology allows for simultaneous dual and bridged operation
- FIT(Fault Isolation Topology) circuitry isolates faulty channels; adjacent channels remain unaffected
- TLC thermal protection circuitry engages internal channel compressor, dynamically reduces amplifier gain to reduce heat levels and prevent overheating
- Front-to-rear forced airflow cooling vents, continuously variable speed fan cooling
- Automatically inserted 35 Hz high-pass filter for channel pair in 70/100V operation
- Advanced protection circuitry includes guards against shorted outputs, open circuits, mismatched loads, general overheating, DC, under/over voltage, high frequency overloads and internal faults
- Comprehensive front panel indicator array includes individual channel LEDs for Bridge, Ready, Signal, Clip, Thermal and Fault; dedicated Power and Data indicators
- Blue power indicator LED flashes when amplifier shuts down during under/over voltage condition on AC mains