The Blackjack 400 employs a unique design which reduces the profile of the 6.0" Fresnel fixture by 33%. This K5600 Blackjack 400 W HMI Kit includes a replacement rear module with cable and socket that will convert the Blackjack from a ballast-driven HMI (5600K) to an AC tungsten (3200K) light. It also includes accessory lenses, 25' head cable, 4-leaf barndoor set, multi-voltage power supply, HMI lamp and kit case.
The drop-in Fresnel lenses are removable, allowing quick access to the popular "Open Eye" (no lens) sharp-shadow projection mode. A rack and pinion system with side knob adjustment facilitates focusing.
The redesigned barndoor set behaves more like 4 small flags capable of reaching far past the lens in front or back of it, while the front end is outfitted with special plugs made to receive most softbox poles.
- Light Balance: 5600K
- For the location videographer or photographer who needs to augment available daylight. The Blackjack sets up quickly instead of fumbling for conversion filters for tungsten sources.
- Daylight to Tungsten Source Conversion
- The tungsten back will accept FRG (110 V) and FRK (220 V) 500 watt tungsten bulbs, available separately.
- Use the included drop-in lenses and barndoor set to alter the quality and shape of the light emitted from the fixture. Two Fresnel lenses are included: a Soft (74 x 25° beam pattern) and a Spot (44 x 6° beam pattern).
- Precise Alignment
- Precise bulb and reflector positioning ensures a clean light and shadow quality. Double shadowing has been eliminated in either mode.
- Wide Barndoor System
- The barndoor system features a unique design to accommodate the Blackjack's wide beam. Since the beam angle is 74° with the wide Fresnel lens and 105° in "Open Eye" mode, the individual doors need to function more like flags that can reach far in front of the lens or behind it.