SheetBlok-Plus Sound Isolation Barrier from Auralex is a dense, limp-mass vinyl material that is about 6dB more effective than solid lead at stopping the transmission of sound. It acts as a thin, dense sound barrier layer in walls, ceilings or floors and is most effective when used as one component of a multi-layered construction scheme.
Some harder-to-work-with applications of SheetBlok (such as ceilings) require an adhesive to temporarily mount the product until the finishing layers can be assembled. To this end, SheetBlok-Plus Sound Isolation Barrier comes with a PSA (pressure-sensitive adhesive) already attached. The backing simply has to be peeled off and while it's not meant to be a permanent mounting solution, it will easily hold the material until one is ready to put on the finishing layers and eliminates the hassles of troweled-on adhesives and mechanical fasteners, thus saving time.
The product is available in a 30 x 4 foot roll.
- 1/8" thick, dense, limp-mass vinyl material that is safe and non-toxic with a temporary adhesive backing
- Acts as a thin, dense sound barrier in walls, ceilings or floors
- Approximately 6dB more effective than solid lead at stopping the transmission of sound
- Cuts easily with a utility knife or scissors
- Use with multiple layers of dense building materials such as drywall or particle board when constructing studios, control rooms, etc.
- Great sound barrier for drum rooms
- Can be used to wrap HVAC ducting, as a removable vent noise blocker, pipe noise insulator, or under carpet/carpet pad