Kowa enjoys a spectacular reputation of enduring quality internationally, where there are large numbers of nature enthusiasts.
Kowa's 66mm series employ the great features of their world class flagship model, the TSN-821 M, in a smaller scope. Despite having a larger front element than two well-known 65mm scope competitors, the heaviest of the Kowa versions is still lighter than the lightest of their European brethren.
It is entirely a matter of personal preference best determined by experience, but many feel that straight scopes offer a more intuitive way to locate your subject quickly. They're usually a bit lighter than their angled counterparts, and almost always less expensive as well.
- Main lens composed from environmentally friendly, lead-free "eco-glass"
- Full multicoatings on all lenses and prisms
- 360° rotating base with click stops allows usage from many angles-even overhead
- Quick-aiming sightline aids in object locating
- Sliding sun shade shields unnecessary light and raindrops while providing protection for the front element (which has a 72mm filter thread)
- Sealing and O-ring purging which lets you scoff at conditions
- Adaptable to 35 mm SLR cameras, digital cameras, and video cameras with optional photo adapter
- Metal alloy & carbon fiber rubber-armored construction