The Schneider 120mm f/5.6 Apo-Symmar L Lens is a standard, all-purpose large format lens which gives the highest image reproduction quality possible in a broad range of applications. This lens is for use with 6x9 cameras as well as more limited use upon 4x5 cameras.
The 75° angle of coverage permits generous shifts on the 6x9 format, and even allows a bit of shift with 4x5. Despite the broad coverage, it is still small enough to permit its use upon smaller field cameras. In many cases, this lens will fit inside a field camera when the camera is folded away.
The 120mm Apo-Symmar L uses 52mm filters and weighs just 7.4 ounces. It is an ideal everyday lens for users of large format cameras designed around roll film.
- Compact, extremely sharp slightly wide lens for the 6x9 and 4x5 formats
- Increased coverage (to 75°) for the classic 6-element, 4-group optical design
- Bright ideal working aperture range of f/11-22 for shorter exposures and sharper outdoor images
- Weighs just 7.4 oz (210g) and small enough to fit within many field cameras
- Maximum image circle of 189mm allows ±13mm of rise/fall/shift (in both vertical/horizontal composition) for 4x5 format and ±43mm for 6x9
- Accepts 52mm filters
- Standard-style Copal #0 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/500th speed