The 12x32 StabilEyes VR Image Stabilized Binocular from Nikon offers steady viewing previously unavailable from handheld optics of this magnification. Integrated sensors and servo motors counteract vertical and horizontal motion as well as rolling motion commonly experienced while viewing from a moving vehicle. A fully multicoated optical path and phase-correction prism coating allow the StabilEyes VR binocular to transmit a bright image that is color faithful and rich with contrast.
Nikon's Vibration Reduction (VR) system stabilizes the image by adjusting the binocular's prisms inside a gimbaled housing—allowing up to 3° of motion compensation on each axis. The image stabilized view improves image sharpness and can minimize eye fatigue commonly experienced during long-during observations.
A 15mm eye relief and Turn-and-Slide eyecups with multiple click-stop positions can provide a comfortable viewing distance for almost any viewer. The 55° apparent viewing angle and 11.5 ft minimum focus distance equip the 12x32 StabilEyes VR for intermediate to long-range viewing tasks. In addition to the image quality rendered by fully multicoated optics and VR system, the StabilEyes VR binocular features a nitrogen-filled housing that provides fogproof and waterproof performance.
- Optical Performance
- Magnification: 12x
- Objective lenses: 32mm diameter
- Apparent viewing angle: 55°
- Roof prisms with phase-correction
- Fully multicoated optics
- 15mm eye relief
- Stabilization Performance
- Degree of compensation: ±3°
- Optical image stabilization corrects pan, tilt and roll motion
- Use and Handling
- Turn-and-Slide eyecups with multiple click-stop settings
- VR Pause: Deactivates VR system, useful for quick pan / tilt motion
- Auto-Off function after one minute of inactivity preserves battery life
- Up to six hours of continuous operation on four AA alkaline batteries
- Integrated hand strap, floating neck strap included
- Construction Features
- Nitrogen-filled for fogproof and waterproof performance
- Operating temperature: 14 to 122°F
- Weight: 2.5 lb