The Whirlwind Qbox is an in-line, 9V battery-operated beltpack audio testing utility device, designed for live sound, studio maintenance, and installation applications.
The Whirlwind Qbox includes a microphone, a speaker, a test tone generator, outputs for standard headphones, a 1/4" jack for a line-in or a 2k Ohm(telephone) earpiece out, along with voltage presence LEDs for confirming phantom or intercom power.
The Whirlwind Qbox is suitable for multiple purposes including hands-free intercom use when connected to another Qbox. It provides a mic- or line-level tone for activating a signal path, or identifying a specific cable in a pile of cable ends, and can also be used to monitor a standard 3-wire intercom feed of talkback from the main audio console.
- The SOURCE section of the Qbox lets you send a tone or the signal from the built-in condenser mic at mic or line levels
- The SPEAKER volume control lets you confirm incoming signals at mic or line level
- Built-in amplifier provides up to 60dB of gain
- Attenuator switch selects output level to XLR or 1/4 in. outputs
- Tone/Internal Switch selects source to be provided to XLR and 1/4 in. outputs
- Volume control adjusts level sent to speaker or headphone output
- Stereo Phone Jack allows the use of stereo or mono headphones while disconnecting the internal speaker