From DPA, the 3521 Compact Stereo Kit is simply a matched pair of 4021 cardioid, compact series microphones. The microphones are matched in sensitivity and frequency response in order to achieve accurate, uniform pick up. The kit includes a stereo mount, acoustic pressure ball caps, storage case and more.
The DPA Compact Series miniature microphones incorporate some of the finest DPA manufactured capsules with an ultra-small thick-film mounted FET-preamplifier. The end result is a series of microphones designed for crucial capturing in recording and live sound reinforcement applications, with a small profile ideal for intricate mounting scenarios such as hanging. All Compact Series microphones feature a 10-foot (3m) cable with a hardwired or removable Lemo connector depending on the microphone model.
The DPA 4021 cardioid capsule features a hardwired, side-exit cable that is ideal for applications that require instrument mounting or angled suspended mounting. The cardioid polar pattern provides excellent rejection of off-axis signal that can cause feedback and residual noise. The 4021 is an ideal microphone for capturing instruments and vocals in speech and performance applications.
- 4021 Utilizes 4011 Capsule
- The 4021 miniature capsule utilizes the identical capsule found in the 4011 microphone. The 4021 features a cardioid polar patter, ideal for spot capturing individual instruments or ensembles, as well as vocals in speech and performance applications.
- Compact, Miniature Profile
- The miniature design is attributed to the built-in ultra-small, thick-film mounted FET-preamplifier.
- Hardwired, Side-Exit Cable
- The 4021 features a hardwired, side-exit cable that is ideal for instrument mounting or capturing audio signal while suspended at an angle.
- Pristine Audio Fidelity
- The overall frequency and sensitivity response result in pristine audio fidelity with very low noise.