The DPA 4060 is a miniature omnidirectional lavalier microphone designed for use in performance and theatrical applications. The miniature lavalier features a condenser element with a frequency and sensitivity response that will accurately reproduce audio signals from the human voice and instruments. The capsule is designed with a double vent protection system and moisture resistant materials inside the capsule, which ensure maximum protection from humidity and moisture caused by perspiration, makeup, etc.
The 4060 includes interchangeable capsule protection grids that alter the signal character of the microphone. A "High Boost" capsule creates a peak at 12kHz, creating an airy texture to audio signals. The "Soft Boost" capsule creates a subtle boost between 8-20kHz, enhancing signal presence. With a SPL rating of 134dB, the microphone is more than capable of reproducing transient (peaking) audio before clipping. The 4060 is powered via +48V phantom power and features a MicroDot output connector, compatible with various wireless microphone transmitters or power supplies with standard XLR outputs.
Note! All DPA microphones feature a proprietary MicroDot connection and may require an optional adapter for use with various wireless microphone transmitters. Please click here for a complete listing of all available DPA adapters on the B&H website.
- Moisture Resistant
- The 4060 features a double vent protection grid and moisture resistant materials which prevent damage from humidity, perspiration and makeup.
- Frequency Altering Grids
- The microphone includes "High Boost" and "Soft Boost" protection grids that alter the frequency response and accentuate high frequency signals.
- Sensitive Condenser
- The condenser element provides a wide frequency response while boasting an SPL rating of 134dB.
- Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
- The omnidirectional polar pattern effectively captures audio at the direct and off-axis sections of the capsule.