The Sony MDR-IF240RK is a low-cost Infrared wireless headphone system, designed for the home enjoyment monitoring of, and simple connection, to televisions, stereo tuners, and CD or minidisc components. The transmitter also functions as a battery charger, with an LED charging status indicator light, and the automatic headphone shutoff helps conserve battery life when the headphones are secured in the transmitter cradle.
The MDR-IF240RK NiMH battery powered headphones feature volume control, a mute function protecting the drivers from noise when no audio signal is present, and a self-adjusting headband for listening comfort. The headphones are equipped with 30mm drivers and PET low-mass diaphragms, for extended low and high end frequency reproduction. The system allows mobility within a transmission range of 24 feet.
- Infrared wireless headphone system
- 2 separate Left, Right transmission channels
- 24' transmission range
- Standard RCA phono and 1/8" stereo mini audio jacks on transmitter for connection to televisions, tuners, and CD or minidisc players
- Comfortable, Open Air headphones with self-adjusting headband
- 30mm headphone drivers for improved frequency response, extended bass reproduction
- High-rigidity PET diaphragms minmize distortion, low mass composite for improved high frequency reproduction
- Auto Power On/Off for headphones conserves battery life, On when in use, Off when removed from head
- Headphone Volume control; Mute function cuts sound to headphones when no signal is present, avoids noise
- Rechargeable NiMH or AAA dry battery operation with up to 30 hr. NiMH battery life
- LED battery charge indicator light for transmitter
- NiMH batteries charged by transmitter; Auto Charge function when headphones are secured on transmitter with automatic shutoff for headphones