The Schneider 300mm f/5.6 Apo-Symmar L Lens is an all-purpose large format lens which gives the highest image reproduction quality possible in a broad range of applications. This lens is designed for use with 8x10 cameras as a standard lens, but can also be used as a portraiture lens upon 4x5 cameras or 5x7 cameras. Thanks to its 80mm rear barrel diameter, it will still fit upon field cameras adhering to the Linhof Technika type lensboard standard.
,The 72° maximum angle of coverage permits generous shifts on the 8x10 format, and enough shift upon 4x5 and 5x7 formats to exceed any camera's capacities. This is very useful in architecture photography. It uses 105mm filters upon the front, but can also accept 77mm filters upon the rear of the lens.
- Extremely sharp lens for the 8x10 format (also can be used for 4x5 and 5x7)
- Coverage of 72° with the classic 6-element, 4-group optical design
- Bright maximum aperture allows easy focusing in poor light
- Maximum image circle of 430mm allows ±69mm of rise/fall/shift (in both vertical/horizontal composition) for 8x10 format
- Accepts 105mm or 77mm filters
- Standard-style Copal #3 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/125th speed