The Schneider 480mm f/8.4 Apo-Symmar L Lens is an all-purpose large format lens which gives the highest image reproduction quality possible in a broad range of applications. This lens is designed for use with 8x10 cameras as a telephoto lens, but can also be used upon the 11x14 ultra large format as a standard lens. This lens is enormous, with a 110mm rear barrel, and as such is designed primarily for use with larger view cameras as opposed to field cameras.
The 56° maximum angle of coverage permits generous shifts on the 8x10 format and 11x14 formats , and enough shift upon 4x5 and 5x7 formats to exceed any camera's capacities. This is very useful in architecture photography. It uses 105mm filters, which can be attached upon either the front or the rear of the lens.
- Extremely sharp lens for the 8x10 and 11x14 formats (also can be used for 4x5 and 5x7)
- Coverage of 56° with the classic 6-element, 4-group optical design
- Bright maximum aperture allows easy focusing in poor light
- Maximum image circle of 500mm allows ±108mm of rise/fall/shift (in both vertical/horizontal composition) for 8x10 format
- Accepts 105mm filters on either side of lens
- Standard-style Copal #3 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/125th speed