The Schneider 90mm f/6.8 Super-Angulon Lens is a long-time professional favorite for use as a wide angle lens for the 4x5 format. It provides an angle of view on 4x5 which is similar to a 24mm lens in the 35mm format, but with a large image circle to allow creative control for the photographer. The Super-Angulon has extremely high correction of distortion, which is critical in architectural photography.
The 90mm Super-Angulon's 100° angle of coverage permits generous shifts on the 4x5 format, particularly beneficial when capturing buildings from ground level. As the lens has an 80mm rear barrel diameter, it can successfully be mounted to many field cameras, including those using the Linhof Technika lensboard standard.
The 90mm Super-Angulon uses 82mm filters, and for critical work with transparency film it is strongly recommended to use their dedicated #3b center filter.
- Extremely sharp ultra wide lens for professional results in the 4x5 format (can also be used upon 5x7 cameras)
- Excellent correction of perspective distortion
- Increased coverage to 100°
- Maximum image circle of 216mm allows ±37mm of rise/fall/shift (in both vertical/horizontal composition) for 4x5 format
- Accepts 82mm filters
- Optional center filter for critical correction of light falloff when working with transparency films
- Standard-style Copal #0 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/500th speed