The RemoteMix Sport from JK Audio is a combination, battery-operated, phone line hybrid, audio mixer and headphone amplifier, housed in a portable and compact form. The unit provides all the hardware necessary for remote broadcasting of sport events, or any other kind of field reporting, via telephone lines or wireless phones.
The RemoteMix Sport works with analog and digital phone lines, and includes a DTMF/Pulse keypad for initiating phone calls, three microphone inputs and a line input. The three headphone outputs provide a mix of the microphone/line inputs along with the audio coming back from the other side of the phone line. This mix is also available on both balanced and unbalanced outputs to feed a PA system, or for connection to a recording device.
A universal handset interface allows the unit to function in situations were the remote site uses ISDN or a digital PBX phone system. The existing handset need only be unplugged and the RemoteMix Sport connected to the line. Additionally, the RemoteMix Sport can emulate electret, dynamic and carbon handset microphone types, selectable via a three-position switch. This will allow the user to use their professional microphones and headphones during the broadcast.
The unit can be also function as a field mixer for TV reporting. The phone line is used to receive IFB feeds, and sent to the camera person's head phones. The XLR output is switch to output only the source/talent microphones, which are then sent to the camera.
The RemoteMix Sport can be connected to a cell phone that accepts generic third party headsets utilizing a 2.5mm headset jack. The included cable connects the unit to the cell phone and subsequent functioning is identical to the use of a land line.
- Combination phone line hybrid, analog mixer and headphone amplifier for use in remote broadcasting
- Three microphone inputs with independent level controls. Microphone 1 input is microphone/line switchable
- Three headphone outputs with adjustable control
- 1/4" Cue Input feeds only the headphones with level adjustable via the "Cue Input" control
- Balanced XLR Output switchable between phone + microphone mix or clean microphone mix. Level is fixed
- Provides RJ-11 for use with conventional phone lines. Also included is an auxiliary handset input for use as a standard telephone. Handset jack is biasedfor electret microphone types
- Time Delayed Peak Limiter helps to control transmit levels. The limiter has a three-second delay that allows for normal speech and brief exclamations to be transmitted unhindered
- Includes VU meter
- "Push to Talk" condenser microphone and built-in monitor speaker help during
- Includes DTMF/Pulse Keypad for dialing out
- Keypad Lockout Switch protects against accidental key presses that could be blasted down the phone line during a broadcast
- Two 9V batteries will power the unit for twenty-eight hours. The batteries are installed parallel so the unit can run on only one battery if necessary. An AC adapter is also included with the unit