The TAP-1 from JK Audio is a telephone interface box that provides the same electrical characteristics as a regular analog phone line, without having to connect to a phone line. The standard RJ-11 phone line jack found in most homes provides -48 volts DC that is sent from the phone company to power the phone, in addition to the incoming and outgoing audio signals.
The TAP-1 provides the necessary interface and the -48 volt supply required by a telephone and then separates audio into transmit and receive signals. The unit can be used on a TV or film studio set, where a regular or cordless telephone is required and genuine sounding phone conversations need to be recorded. It can also act as a phone interface when using computer VoIP, to test telephone and voice coding algorithms, or to test phone line equipment.
Note! The TAP-1 should not be connected to a regular phone line.
- Interface box the provides the same electrical characteristics of a standard analog phone line
- Allows for recording true telephone "quality" into a computer or other recorder
- Can also be used with a cordless phone for use in VoIP applications
- RCA line in and out
- Recessed input and output volume controls
- Hybrid null adjustment optimizes transmit and receive separation to >50dB