The Celestron Advanced C8-NGT is a serious Newtonian reflector aimed squarely at the advanced amateur astronomer who wants a ton of light gathering power in a computer-controlled package that you'll not outgrow. This is a scope large enough to be best served in a single repeatable location-a silky-smooth, quiet and highly competent companion for your stargazing.
- Robust CG-5 German-type equatorial mount with two 11 lb counterweights & tripod easily handles the magnification capacities of the scope without annoying vibrations
- Maximum slew speed of 4° per second
- GoTo Hand controller is choked with 40,000 objects in its database as well as the capacity for 400 user-defined objects
- RS-232 Port allows control of the telescope via your personal computer
- Optional CN16 GPS Accessory allows for automatic alignment with pinpoint accuracy
- Just 2.2" of secondary mirror obstruction (8% of area)
- 14.0 Limiting stellar magnitude