The Shure Beta 54 is a low-profile, head-worn microphone featuring an electret condenser microphone with a super-cardioid polar pattern. With a frequency response of 20Hz to 50kHz, the unobtrusive microphone delivers transparent, full signal reproduction with minimal noise at the low frequency range. The super-cardioid polar pattern is highly effective at minimizing noise and ambiance at the off-axis sections of the microphone.
The end result is exceptional rejection of signal from monitors and instruments, creating high gain-before-feedback response. The Beta 54 is able to reproduce audio sound pressure levels of up to 149dB without noise caused by distortion and overload. The lightweight headband is size adjustable and designed to wrap behind the head for a comfortable fit during long use. The headset excels in performances due to it's excellent off-axis rejection, however instructional applications, aerobics instruction and boardroom settings are all environments the Beta 54 is suitable for.
- Super-Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The super-cardioid polar pattern provides excellent rejection of signal at the off-axis sections of the microphone capsule. The off-axis rejection aids in minimizing signal caused by monitors, providing high gain-before-feedback response.
- Designed For Wired Operation
- The Shure Beta 54 is available for use in wireless applications (WBH54 versions), however this version is designed for hard-wired use and includes the RPM626 preamplifier / power supply.
- Wide Frequency Response
- The wide, smooth frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz enables detailed signal reproduction and accurate phase coherence.
- Interchangeable Protective Caps
- The Beta 54 includes protective caps that alter the frequency response to accentuate high or mid-range frequencies when necessary.
- Wire Frame Adjustable Headband
- The lightweight headband is made of a size adjusting wire frame that wraps behind the head for an unobtrusive profile and added comfort during long use.