The DEQ830 from Alesis is a digital, 8-channel graphic EQ housed in a one-space, rack mount enclosure. The EQ offers 30 bands of equalization, linkable or independent, with 12dB of cut or boost. The unit operates at Constant Q, a process in which the range of frequencies affected by a single band stays the same regardless of the amount of cut or boost.
Although the unit functions in the digital domain, analog-style controls are provided for instant editing of any band or combination of bands. Any of the 30 bands can be viewed on eight discrete channels at the switch of a button and any changes stored in 100 user programs. A Real-time Analyzer (RTA) mode with selectable metering allows for visual feedback of incoming and outgoing audio signals.
Audio quality is preserved using 24-bit analog to digital and digital to analog conversion with internal processing carried out using 28-bit word lengths. The DEQ830 can operate at either a +4dBu or -10dBV setting.
- Eight channels of independent or linkable digital graphic EQ with analog-style controls for instant editing of any band or combination of bands, plus the ability to store programs
- 30 center frequency bands per channel, spanning 25Hz to 20kHz in 1/3-octave increments
- 12dB of boost or cut with center detente
- Individual Channel Level adjustment per program
- 100 user-definable programs, each of which holds eight channels of EQ settings
- 100 user-definable curves, each of which holds 30 bands of EQ settings
- Individual channel level adjustment per program along with master level adjustment
- LOCK function for the "set and forget" situations that prevents accidental reprogramming
- AUDITION mode for automated program comparison
- LINK button for quick creation of matched EQ curves
- Over 350 band gain LEDs, making it easy to read EQ curves from a distance
- Real-time Analyzer (RTA) mode for visual feedback of incoming and outgoing audio signals, with selectable metering modes
- Signal and Clip LEDs along with easy-to-read 7-segment numeric LED display
- Enhanced 24-bit sound quality with 28-bit internal processing
- ADAT Optical input/output with auto-sensing of incoming digital audio
- MIDI in/out for program changes and sys-ex storage