The Schneider 600mm f/9 Apo-Tele-Xenar Lens is a telephoto specialist for the 8x10 format, made with the needs of practical photography in mind. At such an enormous focal length your camera can act as a sail, but this lens needs only 461mm of bellows draw to achieve infinity focus. It is also convertible to an 800mm lens with the exchange of the rear element. Upon an 8x10 camera, this lens captures a view similar to that of an 80mm lens upon a 35mm camera, but the presence of a large format telephoto image is incomparable.
A focal length of 600mm on a large format camera is a special tool to be sure, but it is very capable of creating some stunning images that would otherwise be impossible to achieve. A space shuttle launch rendered in large format is an example. This Apo-Tele-Xenar is an apochromatic lens, with extreme color correction that's practically a necessity when viewing images the lens was designed to capture.
The 600mm Apo-Tele-Xenar permits 52mm of all-direction shift with 8x10 cameras, which is likely plenty for most distant scenes.
- Specialist telephoto lens for 8x10 cameras
- Apochromatic color correction for images entirely free of fringing
- Designed for distant scenes
- Convertible to 800mm lens (with optional exchange of rear lens group)
- Bellows draw of 461mm at infinity
- Accepts 105mm or 86mm filters
- Standard-style Copal #3 shutter with calibrated aperture scale and maximum 1/125th speed